Duck recipes inlcuding duck mappas and duck roast are favorite dishes or rather special dishes for every festival and celebration such as Christmas and others. They remain so special might be because we don’t cook them as often as we make chicken stew or other recipes with chicken.
So, in today’s video, let’s learn how to prepare an easy to prepare duck mappas in traditional Kerala style. Before that let’s have a quick look at the required ingredients of the same.
- Duck Meat- 1 1/4 Kg
- Ginger- 2 Pieces (Sliced)
- Green Chillies- 7 nos
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Whole Pepper- 1 tbs
- Salt- According to taste
- Small Onion (Shallots)- 1/2 Kg (Sliced)
- Coriander powder- 3 tbs
- Kashmiri chilli powder- 1 tbs
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil- 1/4 cup
- Vinegar- 1 1/2 tbs
- Coconut milk (second extract)- 2 cups
- Thick coconut milk- 1 cup
- Small Onion (shallots)- 6 nos (sliced)
- Coconut Oil- 1 1/2 to 2 tbs
- Curry Leaves
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 1/2 tsp
Please follow the instructions as shown in the video to cook delicious duck mappas.
In my previous videos of Christmas Series, I have demonstrated how to choose the right ingredients for the cake and also how to properly do the cake mixing. Other recipes include easy Palappam and Vattayappam. Also, check out my latest playlist on Christmas Series.
Also watch how to prepare chicken roast.